Your Ad Here!

Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm A Little Pea and Other Cute Mishaps In Learning The ABCs

When my little girl was learning the alphabet, she would get to the portion that goes, "L-M-N-O-P" and instead proudly recite, "I'm a little pea!"  It would go like this:

A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-I'm a little pea!-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z!

It was so adorable that I chose to not correct it figuring it would correct itself eventually - and, it did!

Most kids make little mishaps like this in learning their letters.  Most kids eventually figure it out to say it correctly.  When I was little, I thought there were two "N's" in the alphabet because the song was sung:

A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M--N--O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-and-Z....That last "and" sounded to me like another "N."

Repetition is the best remedy.  When the child makes a mistake, it's best to just repeat it correctly after offering encouragement and not point out the mistake.  But, secretly, you might want to record the mishaps on video to look back on and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment