Your Ad Here!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Learning to Tie with Pink Elephants and Fleece

If learning to tie shoelaces seems like a lost art, learning to tie knots can be useful.  Well, at least the Boy Scouts still teach the art of knot tying.   And, if nothing else, it's a fun process when elephants are involved.


This is not a paid product review, though if I were to throw in my two cents worth I would highly recommend these kits.  My daughter received hers as a Christmas gift from my sister, but I believe you can find them at Joann's Fabrics and maybe even Hobby Lobby, Michaels or online.

 It began with two pieces of fleece fabric.  One was a solid lime green backing color.  The other was PINK ELEPHANTS!!!!!
 My elephant-loving daughter was thrilled when she got the chance to learn how to tie knots using a No-Sew Fleece blanket kit picturing PINK ELEPHANTS!


I cut the strips of fabric fleece fringe and showed her how to cross the strips to form an "X" and then tuck inside the newly formed circle and puuuuuullllllllll hard and tight.  She LOVED this part.




Soon, I began to tie every other fringe strip leaving the rest to her.



Before long, the blanket was complete with one happy elephant-loving knot-tying girl.






No comments:

Post a Comment